Habits that prevents you from losing weight
I once spent a huge amount of time working harder and harder to lose weight. I walked five miles each day, joined the gym and starved myself to death but was the result satisfying? No, it wasn’t. Rather I made my body weaker, started to eat junk food than before and spent frustrating days of not getting the body I desired. This is my story but there are many people who can relate to the story; working hard to lose weight but not having a satisfied result. Many ask this question repeatedly, “I work so hard but why aren’t I getting the result according to my effort?” Well, the answer is, your unhealthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean only eating fruits and vegetables or joining the gym. A healthy lifestyle includes the habits that keep your body and mind healthy, strong and fresh.
Let’s see which habits prevent one from losing weight-
• Less sleeping- Adults need 7-9 hours of sleep to function their brain and body properly and it is not an option for you. You have to have enough sleep to lead a healthy life, especially if you are trying to lose weight. According to the researchers, people who are deprived of quality sleep has 55% more chance of getting obese than others. People who stay up late night tend to consume junk food more than usual. Also, researches have done at Stanford University and the University of Chicago showed that sleep deprivation increases ghrelin emission, which stimulates our appetite making us more hungry during the day.
• Starving yourself- Dieting is necessary to lose weight but some people almost stave them to death in the name of diet. That is extremely wrong. When you starve for too long, your body takes that as a signal of disaster. So it starts to store more fat than usual for emergency need.
• Skipping breakfast- People who go for diet in order to lose weight, mostly tend to skip breakfast. This is one of the biggest mistake and barrier against your weight loss journey. Why breakfast is so special? Because it’s the first meal of your day. This is where you’ll get energy from. Another important reason is that a healthy breakfast works as a stimulator and helps to boost your metabolism. Studies have shown that people who regularly eat breakfast are successful to control their weight from going up.
• Not doing exercise/ doing too much exercise- Often people complain that they don’t have time for the gym and so they try only diets to lose weight. Cutting your meals might help you lose weight for a while but it will not sustain long. After a few pounds, your weight will remain the same. To lose weight consuming less calorie is must but what is more necessary is to burn those calories that are already stored in your body. If you don’t have time for the gym, do freehand exercise at home, go for a walk in the morning. If you don’t have time for that even, use your legs as a transport. Not doing exercise is a problem but doing too much exercise can be also problematic. You should understand your body and its capacity.
• Eating and doing other stuff at a time- We are multi-taskers, especially when we are eating. Browsing the internet, watching television, reading something- these are some common things we do while eating and harm ourselves. How? Well, by doing these we distract our mind from tracking our food intake. As a result, we eat more than we would if we were only eating.
Not drinking enough water-
Water is one of the most essential elements of our body. A person must drink 8 glasses of water every day. Along with all the other benefits, water helps to lose weight. So, not drinking enough water might become a barrier in front of your weight loss journey.
It’s not easy to change habits overnight but it’s not impossible. We work so hard and do so many things to lose weight. Then how can we ruin it but these little bad habits?
read more: Lose The Extra Pounds With Keto